vineri, 26 iunie 2009

2008.05.01,08 DECAY

DECAY

I just can't find my place;
I'm living out of time.
When I recall that face,
Remembrance makes a rime.

I can't call it a trace -
- a knife that makes a crime,
A knife that cut with grace,
That put me in the 'shrine'...

Which smiled at each embrace.
Why do I look behind?
And err with every pace?
And why do I repeat

Every moment, every beat
Of the heart - bittersweet?
Bitter - sips venom sweet
Sweet - bitter flesh revealed.

Said the knife of the crime:
'Relax, it's plenty of time;
You'll find a lot of knives!'
* tic-tac * time's signs * long nights *
* Not wives * hot wines * more lives *.
* More beers * long cheers * grown beards *
* lost years * hoped dears * end's near *

'Relax, you're not damned - still
Find another one - like me
Take a pill - take a pill!
There is time - you shall see!'

Hours passed - seconds flew,
Still love her - can't be true!...
Do you know what it means
to sip looks, to dry tears?

Wasted years
seem to me
Man feels 'n eternity
His wish - never ending
My hope - 's not surrendering
Man's feelings - no borders
My dream - 's never over.

At least that's my right:
To dream and to write
To live in a circle
Like the crazy - none may humble.

Dizzy - dazzled - dazed
Confused - drunk and amazed
Tired after living
Escaping into lyric.

That's the meaning of art:
Let the fear just behind,
Make a step into your mind,
Take your feeling apart.

Now get out, write it down,
Make it glow, make it shine
So it can be sublime!
The rest depends on you:

If it's brown, red or blue,
Either music, or rime,
Literature, picture,
Either film or sculpture.

Whatever it might be,
If born of misery,
Or emerged from pleasure,
It could bring a treasure.

*

If you're looking for a Venus,
Dido, Cleopatra, Phoebus,
Aphrodite - heart ignite,
You might write.

You are lyric when it's over,
When the end is closer - closer
And you sing your own wound
While you're bleeding in the ocean;

But sometimes when you love.
At times I devour looks,
Try to keep them with hooks -
if you know what I mean;
By me you shan't be unseen...

Though, one can't compare
All the pains that we share,
All the bruises fate creates
On humanity's soul gates...
(8 May 2008)

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu